Salads for two people (5 days)
- 10 Mason jars
- 2 Bags of romaine lettuce
- 1 bag of spinach
- 5 chicken breasts (Grilled or baked)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cans of black beans (15-20 oz.)
- 2 cans of pinto beans (15-20 oz.)
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 medium to large bell peppers
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (add as much as desired of whichever cut of cheese you like best)
- Your choice of dressing (I used different dressings for different days)
These are the ingredients I used, but feel free to add or take out any ingredients that you may not like or want to include!
- Chicken ~ Pre-heat the oven to 445 degrees and cook for 50 minutes. My chicken was basically frozen, but if you use thawed chicken you will only need to cook it for 25-30 minutes.
- Pat down the chicken with a paper towel and drizzle it with olive oil. I added my favorite seasonings, but feel free to prepare the chicken to your liking. Once you do that, put it in the oven. I took the chicken out after 25 minutes and flipped it over. After letting it bake for another 10-15 minutes, I cut into the chicken to make sure it was cooked all the way through and that it wasn’t raw in the middle.
- This is the most important step…make sure to put the dressing in very first and let it set on the bottom of the Mason jars – you don’t want it touching the lettuce and making it soggy.
- Add beans, veggies, cheese, and eggs as desired in each jar.
- Once the chicken is done, cut or shred, and add your desired proportions on top of all of the wet ingredients (steps 3 and 4 above); the chicken helps to separate the wet ingredients from the lettuce.
- Lettuce/spinach is the very last thing you should add. Add as much or as little as you desire, but I would recommend stuffing in as much as you can – you don’t want too much air in your jars.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!